Strawberry Compote Ingredients
For 10 servings:
- Strawberry (Enumerated) 500 grams
- Purified water 2-2.5 liters
- Granulated sugar 6-8 tablespoons or to taste
- Main ingredientsStrawberry, Sugar
- Serving 10 Servings
- World Cuisine
Colander, stove, deep pan with a lid (capacity 3 liters), decanter, glass.
Making strawberry compote:
Step 1: prepare the strawberries.
We take the ripened, ripe, juicy strawberries, remove the stalk from each berry, transfer the fruits to a colander and rinse thoroughly under a thin stream of cold running water. Then leave in the sink for a few minutes to glass the excess liquid, and proceed to the next step.
Step 2: cook strawberry compote.
We send strawberries to a deep pan.
There we add granulated sugar and the right amount of purified water. These two ingredients are adjustable to taste, someone likes a sweeter, more saturated compote, while someone on the contrary, prefers a very gentle drink.
Next, turn on the burner under the pan on the fire a little less than average and heat. You should not hurry, the compote should boil slowly, let all the juice from the berries be extracted and pass into the water, due to this, the loss of vitamins will be minimal.
As soon as the liquid starts bubbling, let the aromatic drink boil for a minute, remove from the stove, put on the countertop, cover with a lid so that a small gap remains, and cool the drink to room temperature.
Step 3: serve the strawberry compote.
Strawberry compote after cooking is cooled. If desired, it can be filtered and the berries removed, although after such a short heat treatment they remain whole and look great in a decanter or cups. This rich and delicious drink can be enjoyed chilled on hot summer days with any sweet or spicy dishes. Enjoy it!
Enjoy your meal!
- very often, together with strawberries, put a few mint leaves, ground cinnamon or a bag of vanilla sugar in a saucepan, these ingredients give the finished compote a very pleasant flavor;
- for the preparation of compote, you can use frozen strawberries, but you need to put it in boiling water in an unfrozen state;
- In the same way, you can cook compote from raspberries, viburnum, blackberries, currants, cherries, cherries, cranberries and many other berries.