Ingredients for Raisin Compote
For 6 servings:
- Raisins (light or dark) 300 grams
- Granulated Sugar 250 grams
- Purified water at room temperature 1.5 liters
- Key Ingredients
- Serving 6 servings
- World Cuisine
Kitchen scale, measuring cup, colander, deep pan with a lid (capacity 3 liters), stove, wooden kitchen spoon, dish towel, ladle, decanter, glasses.
Cooking compote from raisins:
Step 1: Prepare Raisins
For compote, you can use any sort of raisins, dark or white, but first you need to prepare it. First, put it on the kitchen table and carefully sort it out, removing any kind of rubbish. Then we discard the whole berries in a colander and rinse thoroughly under a thin stream of cold running water. Then we transfer them to a deep pan, pour the right amount of purified water and insist in the winter at room temperature 10-12 hours either in the summer as much, but in the refrigerator. During this time, it will swell well and give up most of the minerals, as well as trace elements, to liquids.
Step 2: cook the raisins compote.
Next, add all the granulated sugar to the pan, put it on medium heat and bring the water to a boil, periodically stirring with a wooden kitchen spoon. As soon as the liquid begins to gurgle strongly, reduce the level of the plate to moderate, cover the prepared compote with a lid, so that the gap remains, and cook it 5-7 minutes. Immediately after that, using a kitchen towel, we rearrange the pan on the countertop and completely cool its contents to room temperature. After some time, the drink can be served or cooled and then tasted.
Step 3: serve the raisins compote.
Raisin compote is served warm or chilled or at room temperature. Using a ladle, it is poured into glasses, bowls or served in a decanter. Doctors recommend such a drink as a remedy against anemia, disorders of the gastrointestinal tract, muscle weakness, fever, fever, as well as diseases of the kidneys and heart.
It can also be given to babies from the first days of life, it will help get rid of intestinal gas and restore the microflora. Enjoy a tasty and healthy compote!
Enjoy your meal!
- if raisins are too sweet, it is better to reduce the amount of sugar or add more water;
- no time to insist raisins? Then thoroughly rinse it, send it to the pan, fill it with purified water, add sugar, bring to a boil and cook on low heat under a covered lid for 35-40 minutes;
- sometimes during cooking, the coarsely chopped zest of lemon or orange is added to the pan, they give the drink a more pleasant, rich aroma, but before infusion it is removed so that the compote does not bitter.