Beef and Tomato Ingredients
- Beef (fresh tenderloin) 300 grams
- Onion 200 grams
- Tomatoes 250 grams
- Fresh basil 1 gram
- Olive oil 20 grams
- Salt to taste
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Purified water as needed
- Main ingredients: Beef, Onion, Tomato
- Serving 2 servings
- World CuisineAsian, Oriental
Kitchen scale, Kitchen knife - 2 pieces, Cutting board - 2 pieces, Deep plate - 4 pieces, Frying pan with lid, Kitchen spatula, Stove, Plate
Cooking beef with tomatoes:
Step 1: prepare the products.
We take tender beef tenderloin, rinse it thoroughly under cold running water, dry it with paper kitchen towels, put it on a cutting board and remove the film, thin veins, and also small bones that could remain on the meat after chopping the carcass.
Then cut it into small cubes, straws or slices. It is desirable that the size or thickness of the pieces does not exceed 1.5 - 2 centimeters.
Then peel the onion and rinse it under a stream of cold water along with tomatoes and basil. After that, we dry the vegetables with paper kitchen towels, and with the greens we shake off the excess liquid.
In turn, put these products on a cutting board and chop: tomatoes - in cubes or slices up to 3 centimeters, onions - straws, half rings or rings up to 5 millimetersand basil is just finely chopped.
We lay out the slices in separate deep plates. Then we put on the table all the other ingredients that will be needed to prepare this dish, and proceed to the next step.
Step 2: cook the beef with tomatoes.
Now put on a medium heat a deep frying pan, pour olive oil into it and wait for it to warm up. After some time, dip the slices of the tenderloin into the hot oil and fry them until light golden color on all sides.
At this stage of cooking, it is not necessary to bring the beef to full readiness, and the crust is needed in the form of a shell, which will not allow the meat juice to come out completely during stewing.
As soon as the meat is browned, with the help of a kitchen spatula we transfer it to a clean deep plate, put the chopped onion in a pan and fry it until transparent. This process will take a little time, the oil is heated and the vegetable will reach the desired consistency of everything in 30 - 40 secondsTherefore, we are not far from the stove.
After the onion softens slightly, add the fried meat to it and pour the purified water there, so that it completely covers the slices of the tenderloin.
Next, reduce the heat to a level between the smallest and medium, cover the pan with a lid and simmer the beef until cooked 40 - 50 minutes.
During this time, the liquid will almost completely evaporate, but it is worth checking its level periodically. If the cooking time has not yet ended, and the water has evaporated, it is better to add a little more and continue to quench, allowing the meat fibers to completely soften.
After 40 - 50 minutes put tomatoes in a pan, mix everything until smooth and simmer 5 - 7 minutes without covering, until almost complete evaporation of moisture.
Then, so that the dish does not turn out to be fresh, add basil to it, to taste salt and black pepper. Cooking food yet One minute and remove from the stove. Next, lay the beef with tomatoes on plates and serve to the table.
Step 3: serve beef with tomatoes.
Beef with tomatoes is served hot as a second main course.
The ideal side dish for such a meal is mashed potatoes or jacket potatoes, but you can also serve it with cereals from different cereals, boiled or steamed rice, pita bread, and salad. Enjoy a delicious and simple meal!
Enjoy your meal!
- Instead of cutting, you can use other parts of beef carcass. However, do not forget that they are stewed at different times. Entrecote, edge, scapula - 45 minutes. Breast, cut, flank, thighs, bangs - 1.5 hours;
- if desired, the meat before stewing can be marinated in sour cream, vinegar or soy sauce and onions;
- salt is better to add at the end of cooking, as it softens the fibers of the meat, forcing him to release juice, from this pieces of beef can become dry;
- Instead of a frying pan, you can use a cast-iron cauldron or a ceramic saucepan with a thick non-stick bottom;
- very often, together with spices and salt, chopped garlic is added to the meat;
- water can be replaced with sour cream or make a mixture of these two liquids at the rate of 1: 1.