We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Ingredients for making muffins in a pan
- Milk 200 ml
- 3 eggs
- Butter 100 g
- Sugar 50 g
- Premium wheat flour 2 1/2 cups
- Dry yeast 1/2 tsp
- Salt 1/4 teaspoon to taste
- Refined vegetable oil 2 tbsp
- Main ingredients: Milk, Butter, Flour, Yeast dough, Sugar
- World CuisineEnglish Cuisine
Bowl - 2 pcs., Sieve, Mixer, Bowl, Pan - 1 L, tablespoon, Parchment or silicone mat, Frying pan, Shovel
Cooking muffins in a pan:
Step 1: Cook the dough.
Sift flour directly into a bowl, add salt and sugar, mix. Yeast needs to be pre-activated - put them in a bowl, pour warm water (not hot, but warm, otherwise they will not rise), and add a pinch of sugar - they need to "eat" something, and leave for about 5 minutes.
Heat the milk slightly, add the butter cut into small pieces into it and heat until the butter has melted. Turn off the heat and let the mixture cool slightly.
Beat the eggs with a mixer, 5 minutes are enough at medium speed, it makes no sense to beat well, we do not make a biscuit. Mix the beaten eggs with milk (we left it to cool so that the eggs do not curl), add activated yeast and prepared flour, knead the dough and leave to come to a warm place on 15-30 minutes.
Step 2: Cook the muffins in a pan.
The dough should turn out soft, very plastic, divide it into pieces and form small round buns. Put them on a baking sheet (or just on a table) covered with parchment or a silicone mat to make them fit.
Wait for the muffins to double and fry them in a pan on both sides in a small amount of oil.
Step 3: Serve the muffins in the pan.
English muffins are served warm, cut along and smeared with butter, jam or paste.
Enjoy your meal!
- You can cut the muffins along and brown a little in a frying pan in butter, you get peculiar toasts.
- In the dough for sweet muffins, you can add finely chopped nuts, raisins or dried apricots, or all together.
- English muffins are a great base for regular and hot sandwiches; for unsweetened muffins, simply reduce the amount of sugar.