Ingredients for making hodgepodge in a slow cooker
- Beef (brisket without bone) 400 grams
- Smoked Chicken (Breast) 400 grams
- Smoked sausages 200 grams
- Pickled cucumbers 4-5 pieces (medium)
- Onion 1 piece (large)
- Carrot 1 piece (large)
- Marinated olives 100 grams
- Pickled mushrooms 100 grams
- Canned canned 100 grams
Other products and spices:
- Sunflower oil 6 tablespoons
- Tomato paste 2 tablespoons
- Sugar 1 teaspoon
- Salt 1 tablespoon (no slide)
- Ground black pepper 1/2 teaspoon
- Dried parsley 1/2 teaspoon
- Laurel leaf 2-3 pieces
- Purified water 2 liters
- Sour cream to taste and desire
- Lemon to taste and desire
- Main Ingredients: Beef, Sausage and Sausage, Onions, Carrots, Chicken
- Serving 8 servings
- World Cuisine
Kitchen knife - 3 pieces, Cutting board - 3 pieces, Slow cooker, Paper kitchen towels, Skimmer, Deep plate - 6 pieces, Deep pan, Kitchen towel, Fine mesh strainer, Wooden kitchen spatula, Ladle, Table spoon
Cooking hodgepodge in a slow cooker:
Step 1: prepare the meat.
We take fresh, juicy beef and wash it under cold running water from the blood. Then we dry the meat with paper kitchen towels, put it on a cutting board and clean it of the film, tendons, and also small bones that could remain on the beef brisket after chopping the carcass. We shift the prepared beef into a clean bowl of the multicooker.
Step 2: cook the meat broth.
Pour meat with cold purified water, set on the timer of the kitchen appliance 1,5 hourclose the lid and turn on soup mode. In 30 minutes open the slow cooker and using a slotted spoon remove gray foam from the surface of the cooking broth. Close the kitchen appliance again and cook the meat for the remaining time.
Step 3: prepare the vegetables.
While the beef is cooked, peel the onions and carrots. We wash the vegetables under cold running water, dry with paper kitchen towels, take turns on a chopping board and chop. We cut onions with medium cubes or half rings up to 5 millimeters thick.
We chop the carrots in half rings or rub on a coarse grater.
Pickled cucumbers shred with straws or ringlets, cut each olive into 6 - 8 parts and spread the slices into deep plates. Also in a separate bowl we put the right amount of capers and pickled mushrooms.
Step 4: filter the meat broth.
In 1.5 hourswhen the crock-pot turns off, open the lid and use a ladle to filter the rich beef broth through a fine mesh sieve into a separate deep pan.
We wash the multicooker bowl, dry it with paper kitchen towels and put it back in place. We transfer the boiled meat to a deep plate, put in a cool place and cool.
Step 5: fry the onions with carrots.
Next, pour the sunflower oil into the multicooker bowl, put the chopped carrots with onions and turn on the kitchen appliance in the mode "Frying" on 40 min Without closing the lid, fry the vegetables until golden brown, occasionally stirring with a wooden kitchen spatula. This process will take approximately 12 - 15 minutes.
Step 6: prepare the meat ingredients.
In the meantime, we alternately lay the cooled beef, smoked chicken, sausages on a cutting board and cut these products into strips, cubes, or small pieces up to 1 centimeter in size.
We leave these slices on the board and proceed to the final stage of the preparation of the hodgepodge.
Step 7: bring the dish to full readiness.
When the onions and carrots are browned, add chopped cucumbers to them and fry the vegetables together 5 minutes.
Then put the chopped sausages, smoked chicken breast and beef into the multicooker bowl. Continue to fry food 7 to 10 minutesby stirring.
After the required time has passed, put tomato paste, sugar, pickled mushrooms in the same place and stew 2 - 3 minutes.
After that, turn off the multicooker, pour the strained broth into the bowl, add capers, olives, ground black pepper, dried parsley, laurel leaf and salt to taste.
Close the kitchen appliance with a lid and turn on the mode "Soup" for 25 minutes.
After the multicooker turns off, we insist on the first hot dish 7 - 10 minutes without opening. Then, using a ladle, pour the hodgepodge on plates, season it with sour cream and serve.
Step 8: serve the hodgepodge in the slow cooker.
Solyanka in a slow cooker is served hot. Before serving, each serving of this dish can be seasoned with sour cream, decorated with a slice of lemon, sprinkled with fresh chopped greens of dill, parsley, cilantro or basil. This dish does not need any other additions, unless by the way bread cutting is necessary. Enjoy a delicious meal!
Enjoy your meal!
- the broth can be cooked a day before the start of the preparation of the hodgepodge;
- instead of dried dill, you can use fresh, but it must be added to the multicooker bowl 5 minutes before the soup is completely ready;
- Instead of sunflower oil, you can use grated pork lard;
- a set of smoked meats can be supplemented with any raw smoked or cooked smoked products;
- separately cooked liver, tongue or kidneys can be added to boiled beef;
- do not forget that all multicookers differ in power, so it is worth adjusting the modes and cooking time based on the instructions of your kitchen appliance!