Swedish Meatball Ingredients
- Minced meat 300 g
- Bow 1 pc
- Breadcrumbs 2 tbsp. spoons
- Pure water 3/4 cup
- Chicken egg 1 pc
- Ground black pepper 1/2 tsp or to taste
- Salt to taste
- Butter for frying
- Main Ingredients: Beef, Pork, Eggs, Bread
- Serving 6 - 8
- World CuisineSwedish cuisine
Deep plate, Grater, Frying pan, Cooker, Tablespoon, Teaspoon, Glass, Whisk or fork, Cup, Cutting board
Cooking Swedish Meatballs:
Step 1: Prepare breadcrumbs and onions.
Pour breadcrumbs into a deep plate, fill with the right amount of water and leave for a while so that they can swell.
In the meantime, peel onions, rinse under running water and do not cut with a knife as usual for minced meat, but grate with small holes or grind in a blender to a mushy state.
Step 2: Cook the minced meatballs.
We wash the egg under hot running water, break it into a cup or plate and beat with a fork (whisk) until smooth.
Then we take a large bowl, put the chilled or thawed minced meat (you can use beef - pork), add crackers, an egg and mix everything very well. Then we put onion mashed potatoes, sprinkle with salt, black pepper and knead with clean hands until a homogeneous, dense mass.
Step 3: Form the Meatballs.
Now wet the hands and cutting board with water so that the meat does not stick. We pick up some minced meat, roll up a ball (about the size of a walnut) and lay on a cutting board. Thus, we form meatballs from the whole minced meat.
Step 4: Fry the meatballs.
We turn on the medium heat on the stove, put the pan on the burner, add 1 - 2 tablespoons of butter. We are waiting for it to melt and spread the meatballs. Fry them from all sides to a beautiful golden crust for about 10 to 12 minutes.
Then periodically mixing, bring them to full readiness on low heat.
Step 5: Serve the Swedish Meatballs.
Swedish meatballs are served with mashed potatoes and lingonberry sauce, but you can step back from the canons and add this tasty meat dish to your favorite side dish, as well as sour cream, mayonnaise or tomato sauce.
Enjoy your meal!
- If there is no lingonberry, but you want to make a simple, but original sauce, then pour it into the pan where the meatballs were fried, a glass of water or broth, mix, add some soy sauce, cream and bring to a boil.
- In the meatballs you can add various aromatic spices, for example, caraway seeds, coreander or paprika.
- Breadcrumbs can be soaked in milk.
- If the minced meat is too soft, add a little breadcrumbs.