Ingredients for making spicy green tomato salad for winter
- Green tomatoes 2.5 kilograms
- Garlic 3 heads
- Hot red pepper 2 pods
- Vinegar 9% 100 milliliters
- Salt 3 tablespoons (no slide)
- Sugar 3 tablespoons (with a slide)
- Main ingredients: Pepper, Tomato, Garlic
Deep plate, cling film, kitchen knife, cutting board, glass jars with lids, garlic press, tablespoon.
Cooking spicy salad of green tomatoes for the winter:
Step 1: Prepare the tomatoes.
Rinse the tomatoes well and cut out each seal. Also, do not forget to inspect the vegetables, they should be dense and healthy. To prepare a sharp salad, tomatoes need to be cut into medium-sized slices or semicircles.
Step 2: Prepare the garlic.
Disassemble the heads of garlic into cloves, and then peel each of them from the husk. Rinse the peeled garlic with cold water, and then chop it very finely with a knife or pass through a special press.
Step 3: Prepare the hot peppers.
Rinse the pods of hot pepper (it is best to work with gloves), cut green ponytails, and then, without peeling seeds, cut into thin rings.
Step 4: Prepare a spicy salad of green tomatoes for the winter.
In a deep bowl, mix prepared green tomatoes with garlic and hot pepper. Dress the salad with vinegar, and salt and add granulated sugar. Mix well and leave everything to stand at room temperature for at least 1 hour. So that nothing extra gets in there, you can cover the salad with a lid or plastic wrap.
For the allotted hour, the tomatoes will let the juice go. Then the spicy salad of green tomatoes should be laid out in sterile glass jars and tightly closed with the same sterile lids. That's all! Now your burning preparation must be hidden from sight, so that when the right moment comes, solemnly get a spicy salad of green tomatoes and serve it on the table.
Step 5: Serve a spicy salad of green tomatoes.
A spicy salad of green tomatoes is primarily an ideal appetizer for strong drinks, so it is good for a fun feast. But on the ordinary table he will find use. The taste and appearance of the salad greatly increase appetite, and also go well with heavy dishes made from meat. Well, if you simply adore spicy things like me, then it will be difficult for you to resist the fact that you don’t immediately gobble up the whole jar, biting it with only brown bread.
Enjoy your meal!
- To taste, you can reduce the amount of hot pepper and garlic, for example, if you like not so spicy dishes and you would like to cook something softer.
- A spicy salad of green tomatoes for the winter is well stored due to the large amount of vinegar and acid contained in tomatoes, but still cans with this preparation should be kept in a cool place.
- Often on the Internet, I come across a similar recipe, only it is recommended to add less garlic in it, but also chop onions in the salad. Perhaps with a bow you will like more.