Ingredients for making champignon kebab in mayonnaise
- Fresh champignons 1 kilogram
- Mayonnaise 300 grams (may require a little more or a little less)
- Salt to taste
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Main Ingredients Mushrooms
- Serving 5-6
Wooden skewers or metal skewers, barbecue, kitchen knife, cutting board, colander, disposable paper towels, container with a tight lid or a tight bag.
Cooking shashlik from champignons in mayonnaise:
Step 1: Prepare the champignons.
Sort the mushrooms, cut off the earthy parts of the legs and remove the dark spots. Put the mushrooms in a colander and rinse them thoroughly with running water several times. Then fix the champignons on weight and wait until the excess liquid drains.
Dry the cleaned and washed mushrooms thoroughly with disposable paper towels to erase moisture. And if the mushrooms are very large in size, then you can cut them into halves, but this is not necessary, although it will reduce the frying time in the future.
Step 2: Pickle the champignons.
Fold the prepared mushrooms in a container, which can be closed with a tight lid or in a plastic bag. Add mayonnaise, it is better that it is not too thick. Salt and pepper mushrooms to taste. Close the lid or tie a bag and shake everything several times to distribute the marinade, it should envelop the mushrooms. Leave them as such for at least 1 hourbut better at night.
Step 3: Fry the champignon skewers.
Place the mushrooms marinated in mayonnaise on wooden skewers or metal skewers. Attention: wooden skewers must be kept in clean water for 20-30 minutesbefore you plant mushrooms on them.
Skewers of marinated mushrooms in mayonnaise need to be done in exactly the same way as meat. That is, over hot coals, turning over all the time and making sure that it does not burn. Cooking time depends on the size of the mushrooms, small ones will be ready in just 15 minutes, large ones can be fried and 30-40 minutes.
Step 4: Serve the champignon kebab.
Remove the fried mushrooms from the skewers and serve the mushroom barbecue with grilled zucchini or a salad of grilled vegetables, for example, or with garlic sauce. Also, mushrooms cooked according to this recipe are excellent as an appetizer to grilled meat. But the most important thing in this dish is a fun company with which you will share the just cooked champignon barbecue, because the food becomes tastier many times if you eat it in a good mood and in a comfortable atmosphere.
Enjoy your meal!
- If the champignons are large, they can be strung on a single skewer with pieces of meat and fried like a regular barbecue, but small mushrooms can burn.
- Marinated champignons in mayonnaise can also be baked in the oven or grilled in a pan, previously having strung mushrooms on wooden skewers soaked in water.
- You can add a couple of cloves of garlic or a little chopped fresh herbs to the mayonnaise marinade.
- Instead of salt in mayonnaise marinade for mushrooms, you can use soy sauce.