Ingredients for Making Green Bacon Salad
- Fresh tomatoes (different color and size) 3-4 pieces
- Bacon 4 thin slices
- Arugula (or salad mixture) 200-250 grams
- Goat cheese 50-80 grams
- Green onion 1 bunch
- Salt to taste
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Dijon mustard 1 tablespoon
- Wine vinegar 2 tablespoons
- Honey 1 teaspoon
- Olive oil 2 tablespoons
- Main ingredients: Bacon, Onion, Tomato, Cheese, Greens
- Serving 2 servings
Salad bowl, kitchen knife, colander, cutting board, frying pan, spatula, fork, disposable paper towels, salad spoon, cup.
Making green salad with bacon:
Step 1: Fry the bacon.
Heat a dry pan, and cut the bacon into small pieces. Fry the meat without adding oil, let it give its own fat. Cook until the bacon is covered with a characteristic golden crust on both sides. Then transfer the delicious crunchy slices onto disposable paper towels and wait for the bacon to cool.
Step 2: Prepare the tomatoes.
To prepare this salad, it is best to take tomatoes of different varieties, let them be large red tomatoes, and green, and very small cherry tomatoes. Rinse the vegetables, remove the ponytails and seals that remain after them, and then cut the fresh tomatoes into thin slices.
Step 3: Prepare the cheese.
Mash goat cheese a little with a fork or with your hands so that it turns into crumbs.
Step 4: Prepare the arugula.
Fill the arugula in a colander and rinse thoroughly with warm running water. Dry the greens as much as possible.
Step 5: Prepare the green onions.
Rinse green onions with warm water, just like arugula, then dry, and finally chop it into small pieces.
Step 6: We are preparing refueling.
In a cup, mix olive oil, wine vinegar, honey and Dijon mustard. Beat the salad dressing with a fork until smooth.
Step 7: Mix the green salad with bacon.
In a salad bowl, put arugula, tomatoes, slices of fried bacon one after another, sprinkle all with goat cheese and green onions. Add salt and ground black pepper to taste. Mix lightly so as not to crush greens or crush tomatoes. Pour all prepared dressing and serve.
Step 8: Serve a green salad with bacon.
Green salad with bacon is quite hearty, so you can serve it as an independent cold dish. This salad is especially relevant in the midst of summer and early autumn, when there is still the opportunity to please yourself with fresh tomatoes and herbs. Therefore, do not miss the opportunity and be sure to prepare a green salad with bacon, because it simply cannot but be liked.
Enjoy your meal!
- Together with arugula, you can add any salad greens to the dish, including the one that grows in your garden.
- The prescription dressing described in this article is also suitable for other green and vegetable salads, especially if they have arugula.
- Instead of olive oil, you can take sunflower, but this is only as a last resort.