Ingredients for Cooking Fish Cakes with Cheese
- Fish fillet (any) 500 grams
- Egg 1 piece
- White bread (stale) 2 slices
- Milk 50 milliliters
- Hard cheese 80-100 grams
- Fresh greens (dill, parsley, chives) to taste
- Lemon juice 2 teaspoons
- Breadcrumbs optional
- Salt to taste
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Seasoning for fish to taste
- Vegetable oil for frying optional
- Main Ingredients: Pink Salmon, Pollock, Salmon, Cheese
- Serving 4 servings
Frying pan, blender, tablespoon, deep plate - 2 pieces, kitchen knife, cutting board, disposable paper towels, grater, spatula, flat plate.
Cooking fish patties with cheese:
Step 1: Prepare the bread.
First prepare the pieces of bread. To do this, place them in a deep plate and pour milk (you can warm water). Hold in this form for several minutes until the flesh softens. Then drain the milk and slightly squeeze out the remaining bread.
Step 2: Prepare the fish fillet.
If the fish fillet is frozen, it is best to set it in advance and let it thaw at room temperature. Then rinse, just in case, check for small stones in it, dry with disposable paper towels and grind using a blender or, for example, a meat grinder. Moreover, if you use a meat grinder, it is better to skip the fish fillet through it twice.
Step 3: Prepare the cheese.
Cut off the crusts from the cheese, if any, and then grate it on a medium or fine grater.
Step 4: Prepare the greens.
Rinse the greens, wipe off excess moisture with towels, chop it into very small pieces with a knife.
Step 5: Mix the minced meat for the fish patties with cheese.
Mix the minced fish with the soaked bread crumb, add the lemon juice and mix. Then salt and pepper to taste, add spices. Break the chicken egg into the same mass, pour the chopped greens. Stir, add the grated cheese and re-mix the mass for the fish patties.
Step 6: Form the fish patties with cheese.
Pour breadcrumbs onto a flat dish. From the prepared fish mixture, form flat patties, and then roll them in breadcrumbs, covering the workpieces with an even layer. In order to make it easier to work with minced meat, your hands should be slightly moist, so periodically wet them with cool water.
Step 7: Fry minced fish cakes.
Prepare the pan by heating it. Pour in vegetable oil, wait until it warms up as well. Then put the patties in a pan so that there is a small distance between them, this is necessary so that they do not stick together during cooking. Fry items over medium heat until golden brown, for about 5-7 minutes. Then carefully pry off the products with a spatula and turn them over so that they also become crusty on the second side. As soon as this happens, the fish patties with cheese will be ready to serve.
Step 8: Serve the fish patties with cheese.
Fish cutlets with cheese should be served immediately after cooking. Top them up with crispy fried potatoes or any other side dish that you see fit. Personally, I especially like them with canned green peas.
Enjoy your meal!
- Often, onions, fried or fresh, are added to fish cakes, chopping it together with minced meat. This gives the finished dish an appetizing crunch.
- If you take red or other delicious fish for minced meat, you can not grind it strongly so that pieces of pulp can be felt in cutlets. To do this, just chop the filet with a knife.
- Do not use Parmesan for cooking cutlets, because, although it is very fragrant, it most likely does not melt, but dissolves and does not work out a juicy, viscous structure.
- If you use dry fish, you can add one or two tablespoons of mayonnaise to the minced meat.