Ingredients for Sour Cream Bagels
- Wheat flour (premium) 250 grams per dough and 50 grams for rolling
- Butter 60 grams
- Sugar 50 grams
- Sour cream 15% fat 4 tablespoons (with a slide)
- Chicken egg yolk 2 pieces
- Food baking powder 1 teaspoon (with a hill)
- Jam, jam or thick jam (favorite flavor) 150 grams
- Icing sugar to taste and desire
- Main ingredients: Oil, Sour cream, Flour, Sugar
- Serving 1 serving
- World Cuisine
Kitchen scale, stove, stewpan, deep bowl, blender with a whisk attachment, a tablespoon, a teaspoon, a wooden kitchen spatula, a plastic food wrap, a refrigerator, an oven, a metal kitchen spatula, a kitchen knife, a sieve with a fine mesh, nonstick pan, baking paper , rolling pin, kitchen potholders, metal grill from the oven, kitchen spatula, dessert dish or plate.
Cooking bagels on sour cream:
Step 1: melt the butter.
First of all, we print out a package with butter, cut a small piece with the right weight from a common whetstone, divide it into cubes with a kitchen knife, send them to a saucepan and put on medium heat. Melt the fat to a homogeneous liquid consistency, constantly stirring with a tablespoon or a wooden kitchen spatula so as not to burn. As soon as its structure becomes homogeneous without lumps, remove the stewpan from the stove and put it near the ajar window, let its contents cool to room temperature.
Step 2: prepare the dough.
In the meantime, put a couple of chicken yolks in a deep bowl and add granulated sugar to them. Beat these ingredients to a lush, dense mass with a whisk, a blender with a special nozzle, or a mixer. It will take about 5-7 minutes, although the duration of this process directly depends on the kitchen equipment used.
As soon as the mixture of egg yolks increases approximately several times and acquires an almost snow-white color, but with a yellowish tint, add sour cream and a baking powder to it. Shake everything again, at the same time pouring the butter, which had time to cool, into the bowl.
Then we begin to sift there through a sieve with a fine mesh wheat flour, preferably of the highest grade. We do this gradually spoon by spoon, while kneading the dough. When this kitchen appliance ceases to help, we continue the process with clean hands.
As a result, it should turn out to be slightly sticky, rather dense, but at the same time not cool, but soft and elastic semi-finished product. We roll it into a ball, wrap it in plastic wrap and send it in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
Step 3: form bagels on sour cream.
We don’t lose a minute, turn on and preheat the oven to 200 degrees celsius. 30 minutes later we crush the table with a thin layer of flour and put on it the chilled flour semi-finished product. Knead it with your hands and divide the spatula into 3-4 equal parts.
After that, take one slice of dough, roll it into a ball and use a rolling pin to roll it into a circle 5-7 millimeters thick. Next, cut it into 8, 10 or 12 equal in size triangles and spread in the middle of each half a teaspoon of thick jam, jam or jam.
We cover the filling on top with a wide piece of dough and lightly press it with your fingers along the edges so that it does not leak out during baking. Then we turn the triangles into bagels, put them on the prepared baking sheet at a short distance from each other, give each crescent shape and proceed to the next step.
Step 4: bake bagels on sour cream.
We check the temperature of the oven and, if it has warmed up to the desired temperature, put a still raw dessert on the middle rack. Bake it for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
As soon as their surface acquires a light beige-golden hue, we pull the kitchen potholders onto our hands and rearrange the baking sheet on a cutting board previously laid on the countertop. Using a kitchen spatula, we move the finished treat onto a metal grate and let it cool completely to room temperature. Later, if desired, sprinkle bagels with icing sugar and serve to the table.
Step 5: serve bagels on sour cream.
Bagels on sour cream after cooking are cooled, decorated with icing sugar, melted chocolate, syrup, cream, or poured with honey and served on a large flat dish or in portions on plates as a dessert. Together with this delicacy it is pleasant to savor freshly brewed tea, coffee, cocoa, warm milk or another favorite drink. Enjoy a delicious and simple meal!
Enjoy your meal!
- some housewives put cinnamon on the tip of a knife or vanilla sugar in the dough;
- before baking, the formed bagels can be greased with a beaten chicken egg and sprinkled with sugar, this will make their surface look brighter;
- an alternative to baking powder is baking soda, but it must be added to sour cream, shake them and leave the resulting mixture at room temperature for 2-3 minutes so that these ingredients react with each other;
- instead of baking paper, you can take parchment paper or grease a non-stick baking sheet with any fat, sprinkle with flour and then put the formed bagels on its surface;
- the filling indicated in the recipe is not critical, very often such pastries are filled with boiled condensed milk, a mixture of nuts, butter and sugar, finely chopped fresh fruits, dried berries, dried fruits, and this is just a few of all possible options.