Ingredients for cooking stew in a multicooker
- Medium-sized eggplant 1 piece
- Zucchini medium size 1 piece
- Medium Carrot 2 pieces
- Large onion 1 piece
- 2 cloves medium sized garlic
- Canned Tomatoes 400 grams
- Fresh parsley 2 branches
- Vegetable broth 1 cup
- Ground cumin 1 teaspoon
- Vegetable oil 3 tablespoons
- Salt to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Main Ingredients: Eggplant, Onion, Carrot, Tomato, Zucchini
- Serving 7 servings
Slow cooker, cutting board, kitchen knife, plate - 4 pieces, saucer - 2 pieces, teaspoon, wooden spatula, tablespoon, serving dish, kitchen spoon, vegetable cutter
Cooking stew in a multicooker:
Step 1: prepare the zucchini.
Zucchini thoroughly washed under running warm water and put on a cutting board. Using a knife, remove the edges and then cut the vegetable into two parts. Grind each half with slices no more than 1.5 centimeters. The chopped component is transferred to a clean plate.
Step 2: prepare the eggplant.
We wash the eggplant well under running warm water and put it on a cutting board. Using a knife, cut the vegetable in half and remove the edges from each part, as they will not be useful to us. Next, chop the component into pieces so that they are no larger than the zucchini in size. The crushed eggplant is moved to a free plate and proceed to the preparation of carrots.
Step 3: prepare the carrots.
Using a vegetable cutter, peel the carrots from the peel. Then thoroughly wash the vegetable under running warm water to remove any remaining dirt, as well as the ground. We spread the component on a flat surface and chop it with a knife in circles, crescent or cubes. In fact, it does not matter what shape the carrots will be, the main thing is that its thickness does not exceed 1.5 centimeters. Pour the slices of the vegetable into a clean plate and leave it aside for a while.
Step 4: prepare the onions.
Using a knife, peel the onion from the husk and rinse thoroughly under running water. Now put the component on a cutting board and quarter along the onion.
Thinly cut each part into strips and immediately pour into a free plate.
Step 5: prepare the garlic.
We put the garlic on a cutting board and lightly press down with the edge of the knife. Then with clean hands we clean the cloves from the husk and rinse under running water.
Put the components back on a flat surface and chop finely. Pour the crushed garlic in a free saucer and go on to prepare the greens.
Step 6: prepare the parsley.
We wash the parsley under running water, shake off excess liquid and put it on a cutting board. We chop the greens with a knife and immediately pour it into a clean saucer. Attention: the component is not necessary to grind or add to the dish. Parsley leaves can simply be separated from the branches and decorate the stew with them before serving.
Step 7: prepare the stew in the multicooker.
In the slow cooker, set the pan and turn it on Multi-Cook mode with temperature 160 ° C. Pour into a container 2 tablespoons vegetable oil and let it warm up well. Immediately after this, pour the chopped onion here and, stirring it with a wooden spatula from time to time, fry it 5 minutes.
After the allotted time, we spread the carrots, eggplant, garlic, canned tomatoes, and also ground cumin in the pan. Continue stirring and preparing the ingredients. 5 more minutes. Next, pour the vegetable broth into the multicooker and let the mixture boil. Immediately after that, we spot additional 5 minutes and let the vegetable stew cook. At the end, put the crushed eggplant, finely chopped parsley in a bowl, sprinkle everything with salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste, and extend the cooking time for 10 minutes. Attention: the multicooker lid can not be closed. Thanks to such a mode as "Multipovar", you can make cooking and frying ingredients easier. That is, now there is no need to adapt to the program of the electrical appliance and set a specific temperature and time. It's like a manual mode! It’s a pleasure to cook any dishes with him, not just stew.
When everything is ready, turn off the appliance from the network and begin to set the table for dinner.
Step 8: serve the stew in the multicooker.
We transfer the ready-made, still hot stew with the help of a kitchen spoon from the multicooker pan to a special plate and serve it with a side dish, such as mashed potatoes, boiled rice, pasta and much more to your taste. The dish turns out so tasty that my relatives very often put it on a piece of bread and enjoy it just like that. Help yourself!
- if you do not have the program "Multipovar", do not be discouraged. In this case, first install frying mode and cook the vegetables with the lid open. Then turn on "Extinguishing" and cook the stew 10 minutes moreso that the components have time to boil in the broth and their own juice. The lid can be closed;
- you can add potatoes to the stew if desired. Then the dish will turn out to be much more satisfying. In this embodiment, after frying onions, carrots, eggplants with tomatoes, as well as garlic and spices, we spread the tubers chopped into cubes in a slow cooker (based on the ingredients specified in the recipe, we need approximately 200-300 grams) and pour the broth. We continue to extinguish everything throughout 15 minutes. Only after that add zucchini, parsley and remaining spices to the pan and cook the stew 10 minutes more;
- Stew before serving to the dinner table can be sprinkled with finely chopped fresh herbs (parsley, dill and green onions).