Chicken and Potato Chicken Cooking Ingredients
- Kefir (fat) 250 milliliters
- Butter or premium margarine for baking 1 pack (200 grams per dough and 20 grams for a mold)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Baking soda 1/2 teaspoon
- Sifted wheat flour 3-4 cups or how many will take the dough and 2 tablespoons for the mold
- Refined vegetable oil 1-2 tablespoons (for greasing the finished baking)
- Chicken fillet (fresh, broiler) 500 grams
- Potato 4-5 pieces (medium)
- Onions 2-3 pieces
- Salt to taste
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Suneli hops to taste
- Butter (frozen) 50 grams
- Main ingredients: Potato, Onion, Chicken, Kefir, Flour
- Serving 1 serving
- World Cuisine
Kitchen knife - 3 pieces, cutting board - 3 pieces, paper kitchen towels, stove, stewpan, tablespoon - 2 pieces, glass (capacity 250 milliliters), deep bowl - 2 pieces, whisk, plastic wrap, Oven, baking dish (desired value), rolling pin, wooden kitchen skewer, kitchen gloves, kitchen waffle towel, baking brush, kitchen spatula, portion plate.
Cooking chicken with potatoes:
Step 1: prepare the butter.
To begin, we print a package with butter intended for dough, and with a sharp knife we cut it into small slices. We shift them into a stewpan and put on medium heat. Melt the fat to a liquid consistency, periodically stirring with a tablespoon so as not to burn. Then remove from the stove and put it near the open window, let it cool completely.
Step 2: prepare the dough.
Meanwhile, pour the right amount of kefir into a deep bowl.
We extinguish in it half a teaspoon of baking soda and leave on 3-4 minutesso that these ingredients enter the reaction.
After that, put salt, cooled butter and shake everything with a whisk until smooth.
Then we begin to add sifted wheat flour to the resulting mixture, we act slowly, glass by glass, while kneading the dough with a spoon.
When the cutlery ceases to help, we continue the process with clean hands, in the end, a soft, elastic, non-sticky flour semi-finished product should learn. We roll it into a ball, wrap it in plastic wrap and leave it to rest at room temperature for 1.5-2 hours.
Step 3: prepare the chicken fillet.
We don’t lose a minute, we start to do stuffing! We wash the fresh chicken fillet, dry it with paper kitchen towels, put it on a cutting board and use a knife to cut off the film and cartilage from it. Then cut the meat into small pieces of 1.5 centimeters in size and transfer them to a clean, deep dish.
Step 4: prepare the potatoes and onions.
Then, using a new kitchen knife, peel all the vegetables indicated in the recipe. We wash them, dry them, take turns sending them to a clean board and grind them. Potatoes are diced 1 centimeter or smaller, and onions are also either straws, rings, half rings or quarters up to 5-6 millimeters thick.
Step 5: prepare the filling.
Next, in a bowl with pieces of chicken, we shift the chopped vegetables, season them to taste with salt, black pepper, sunli hops and mix everything with a tablespoon to a homogeneous consistency. Tighten the filling with plastic wrap and put in the refrigerator until the dough is infused.
Step 6: prepare the oven and baking dish.
After 1.5-2 hours, when the flour semi-finished product rests, turn on and preheat the oven up to 180 degrees Celsius. Then we choose a baking dish, it can be rectangular, oval, but mostly round and metal non-stick or heat-resistant. Lubricate its bottom, as well as the inside of the sides with a thin layer of butter and sprinkle with sifted wheat flour.
Step 7: we create a henhouse with chicken and potatoes.
Now we knead the dough and divide it with a metal kitchen spatula into 2 parts, one smaller, the other larger. We lay out the large one on the countertop, sprinkled with a thin layer of flour, use a rolling pin to roll it into a layer up to 7-8 millimeters thick and carefully cover it with the prepared baking dish, so that the edges of the semi-finished product are at least longer than the sides 1-1.5 centimeters.
We spread the prepared mixture of onions, potatoes, and chicken on a dough that is comfortably arranged in the form of a chicken and in an artistic mess we distribute an additional portion of butter on it, just rub it on a coarse grater. Then, in the same way, we roll out the remaining flour semi-finished product, with which we immediately cover the filling and pinch the edges of the two layers, still raw cake with our fingers, trying not to leave cracks at the joints. After that, with the back of a tablespoon, make a small hole in the middle of the formed product for steam to escape or simply prick the top layer of dough with the teeth of a fork.
Step 8: bake a chicken with potatoes.
Put the formed chicken in the preheated oven on 40-60 minutes. The cooking time may vary depending on the size of the dish. After the required time has passed, we check the readiness of baking with an ordinary wooden skewer. Piercing it with a point filling through the top hole or from the edge.
If the potatoes are soft, transparent meat is released from the meat, and not the burgundy juice and the dough does not stick to the wooden stick, then we pull the kitchen potholders on our hands and rearrange the form on the cutting board previously laid on the countertop. Using a baking brush, grease the hot pie with a small layer of vegetable oil, cover with a thin dishcloth so that leaving a gap the size of 7-8 centimetersand cool to room temperature.
Step 9: serve the chicken with potatoes.
After cooking, hen the chicken and potatoes with butter or vegetable oil and cool until warm under a thin kitchen waffle towel. Then it is transferred to a large flat dish, a sharp clean knife is divided into portions, they are distributed on plates and served on the table as a snack or a second main dish.
Along with this Russian miracle, you can serve a broth, a salad of fresh vegetables, marinades, pickles, sour cream or cream. Enjoy delicious food and don't get sick!
Enjoy your meal!
- the duration of the preparation of the cake directly depends on the size of the product, but the oven plays the most important role. If the cake burns on top, turn off the top tena of the oven, if lower, respectively, lower. No such function? Toga put on the lower rack of the oven a pan filled with ordinary running water, the liquid will evaporate, and give the right moisture, which will help not burn the pastries. Also, as soon as the kurnik begins to brown a lot, you can cover it with a sheet of foil or baking paper;
- the finished henhouse can be greased with butter, not vegetable oil;
- some housewives pour a little purified water in the middle of the pie into the hole, they say that the chicken pot from this turns out to be more juicy;
- for lovers of soft potato boles, it is better to boil this vegetable before half-cooking in salted water before preparing the filling;
- if desired, decorations on dough can still be made on dough, for example, in the form of animal figures or flowers;
- An alternative to chicken is pork, turkey meat or minced meat.