Ingredients for cooking fried potatoes in a slow cooker
- Potato 7 pieces
- Vegetable oil 1 tablespoon
- Garlic 3 cloves
- Butter 50 grams
- Dried dill 1 teaspoon
- Main Ingredients Potato
- Serving 4 servings
- World Cuisine
Slow cooker, spatula with a long handle, a kitchen knife, cutting board, paper towel
Cooking fried potatoes in a slow cooker:
Step 1: Prepare the potatoes.
Put the potatoes in a sink and wash them off from sand and dirt, then, using a knife for peeling vegetables, remove the peel and eyes.
Chop the clean potatoes in a convenient way for you and dry them by laying them on a paper towel.
Step 2: start frying potatoes.
Lubricate the bottom of the bowl with sunflower oil. Pour chopped and dry potatoes into a slow cooker. Choose a mode Baking / Frying and set the timer on 30 minutes. Cook potatoes with the lid open 10 minutes. Then turn it over with a wooden spatula, close the lid and continue cooking. Through 10 minutes open the lid again and turn the potatoes over with a spatula.
Step 3: Add the spices.
While potatoes are fried in a slow cooker, we will prepare seasonings. To do this, peel the garlic and cut it into thin slices, mix the resulting garlic mass with dried dill.
When until the end of cooking remains 5-7 minutes, open the lid of the multicooker, put the mixture of garlic and dried dill there, salt and turn over the potatoes, add slices of butter and close the lid. Continue cooking the remaining time. Once the potatoes are ready, boldly serve a mouth-watering dish on the table.
Step 4: Serve the fried potatoes.
Serve ready-made potatoes as a hearty side dish for hot dishes, such as meat or chicken chop. You can also just lay the potatoes on a large flat dish, garnish with fresh herbs, serve with sour cream, mayonnaise or tomato sauce. Enjoy the wonderful taste and delicious aroma of a dish familiar from childhood, but cooked using modern technology.
Enjoy your meal!
- If you prefer onions, then use it instead of garlic, adding five minutes before being cooked.
- The best thing for frying is yellow and pink potatoes, while white potatoes are likely to fall apart and be loose.
- Use mustard oil instead of sunflower oil, if you have such an opportunity, then the potato will look more appetizing.
- To remove excess starch, potatoes must first be soaked in water with a drop of lemon juice, but then be sure to dry.
- Many recommend first heating the crock-pot and butter in it, and only then add chopped potatoes.