Ingredients for cooking meat with potatoes in foil
- Fresh pork pulp 1 kilogram
- Potato 1 kilogram
- Large onion 3 pieces
- Mayonnaise 200 grams
- Hard cheese 200 grams
- Salt to taste
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Refined vegetable oil for greasing a baking dish
- Main Ingredients: Pork, Potato, Cheese
- Serving 8 servings
- World Cuisine
Cutting board, kitchen knife, oven, medium bowl - 2 pieces, kitchen hammer, plate - 2 pieces, cling film, deep baking dish, kitchen potholders, cling film, wooden spatula, serving dish, kitchen paper towels, food plastic bag , medium grater, vegetable cutter
Cooking meat with potatoes in foil:
Step 1: prepare the pork.
We thoroughly wash the pork under running warm water, wipe it with kitchen paper towels and put it on a cutting board. Using a knife, we clear the meat of veins, film and excess fat. Now cut the component into thin strips across the fibers and transfer to a medium bowl.
That's not all! Each piece is placed in turn in a food plastic bag, placed on a flat surface and, using a kitchen hammer, beat off on both sides. The prepared pork is transferred back to the general container and sprinkled to taste with a small amount of salt and black pepper. Then mix everything with clean hands and leave it aside for a while. Attention: You can also grate each piece of pork on both sides with spices so that they are better absorbed into the meat.
Step 2: prepare the onions.
Using a knife, peel the onion from the husk and rinse thoroughly under running water. Then put the component on a cutting board and cut it in half. Grind each piece with thin half rings and transfer to a clean plate.
Step 3: prepare hard cheese.
Using a medium grater, grind hard cheese directly on a cutting board. Immediately after this, pour the shavings into a clean plate and wrap with cling film so that the component does not wind off while we bake the dish.
Step 4: prepare the potatoes.
Using a vegetable cutter, remove the peel from the potato. Then thoroughly wash the tubers under running warm water and put it on a cutting board. Using a knife, cut the components into thin circles and transfer to a free medium bowl. Pour mayonnaise here and add a little salt. Important: Do not forget that we previously added this component to meat. With clean hands, mix everything thoroughly until smooth and immediately proceed to the cooking process.
Step 5: prepare the meat with potatoes in foil.
Lubricate the walls and bottom of the baking dish with a small amount of vegetable oil. Put the pork slices into the container with the first layer, and sprinkle onion half rings on top.
Now carefully lay the potato circles so that they completely cover the meat. Attention: if the bowl contains the highest mayonnaise, be sure to water it with the third layer. Now we cover the form with food foil and tightly wrap the edges so that air does not get into the container.
Turn on the oven and heat it to temperature 200 ° C. Immediately after that, put the dish on a medium level and bake for 30 minutes. After the allotted time with the help of kitchen tacks, we get out the form and carefully remove the foil. Put the container back in the oven, reduce the temperature up to 160 ° C and continue to cook meat with potatoes yet 30 minutes.
At the end, sprinkle the top layer with cheese chips, trying to cover the edges of the dish, increase the temperature again up to 200 ° C and bake all the extra 5 minutes. During this time, the potato is covered with a golden brown. Immediately turn off the oven, and take out the form with the help of kitchen tacks and set aside.
Let our meat and potatoes cool slightly.
Step 6: serve the meat with potatoes in foil.
We cut the prepared meat with potatoes into equal portions with a knife, prying it with a wooden spatula, transferring it to a special flat plate and serving it to the dinner table with bread, fresh vegetables, pickles, and also all kinds of sauces.
- Instead of pork, you can add chicken, turkey, beef, and veal to the dish. The baking time from this will vary from 40 minutes to an hour. To do this, just pierce the meat with the tip of a knife and see which juice flows out of the hole. If transparent, then the dish is ready. If not, then it’s worthwhile to extend the cooking time for 10-20 minutes;
- The classic version of the recipe is to lay the ingredients in layers in food foil, which is pre-covered with a baking dish, tightly fasten the edges so that no air gets inside, and only then bake. But it happens to me that the meat is slightly overdried (pork or chicken) and sticks to the base. So I just cover the container with foil and let the dish bake well in my own juice. Already at the end I remove the metal segment so that a golden crust forms on the surface of the potato. You can easily apply both the first and second cooking options if you are confident in your oven;
- for a more expressive aroma and taste there is an option to stuff meat with slices of garlic. As for spices, ground coriander, dry thyme or "suneli hops" can also be added to the dish.